Bachelor of Business and Commerce
KPT/JPT (R2/340/6/0461) 01/25 - MQA/SWA0108
Why study the Bachelor of Business and Commerce?
Commerce is the cornerstone of the modern economy. Our degree offers a world-class education in the economic, political, legal, social, cultural, and technological principles that exist around the world.
This course opens a world of career possibilities. Poh Nean, who studied business and commerce at Monash Malaysia, now works in Kuala Lumpur for a team of IT detectives who protect businesses from cyber hackers.
Areas of study (majors)
At Monash Malaysia, we currently offer nine majors:
- Applied economics
- Banking and financial management
- Business analytics
- Business law and taxation
- Econometrics and business statistics
- International business management
- Strategic marketing
You need to complete at least one or two majors and six compulsory, common, core units.
The course takes three years of full-time study to complete.
This course consists of six core business and commerce units, an eight-unit major from a list of approved majors and eight open electives. It is possible to form a second major from your open electives.
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce.
You will develop:
- fundamental knowledge of general principles and applications of business and commerce disciplines
- the ability to analyse, evaluate and apply your expertise to problem-solving
- a capacity to merge knowledge from different areas to create innovative solutions, while remaining aware of ethical and social responsibility
- the ability to articulate and communicate your reasoning effectively
- skills in interpersonal communication and cultural awareness in a global business environment.
Graduates may find employment in the following sectors:
- Financial analysis
- Human resources
- Public relations
- International trade
- Data scientist
The Bachelor of Business and Commerce requires the following entry scores:
|Commencing Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY) in 2019/2020*||60%*|
|A Level GCE||7|
|Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education||16|
|Indian School Certificate Examination||60%|
|All India Senior School Certificate Examination||66%|
Please refer to https://priorstudy.monash.edu/prior-study/ to find out the entry score
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB Diploma Program)||25|
|Program Matrikulasi (Matriculation Program), Malaysia||2|
|Ontario Secondary School Diploma||75.4%|
|Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level)||9|
|High School Diploma, Vietnam||8|
|UNSW Foundation Studies||6.5|
|Foundation in Arts, Sunway College||60%|
|Foundation in Science and Technology, Sunway College||60%|
|Diploma of Higher Education Studies (DHES)||50%|
|Monash College Diploma Part 1**||70%**|
|Monash College Diploma Part 2**||50%**|
*The undergraduate entry requirements published are for students who commence the MUFY program in 2020/2021.
**The Monash College Diploma Part 1 and Part 2 entry requirements published are for students commencing their undergraduate destination degree in 2020/2021.
Mathematics (Australian Year 11 equivalent) is a prerequisite for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce.
In 2021, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM38,213 for Malaysian students
- RM43,680 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
For more details on the student pass application fee, please click here.
Each year, there are three intake periods for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce. This means you can start in February, July or October.
Applications for credit can include credit transfer for previous study or recognition of prior learning.
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce and Bachelor of 365体育投注_365体育网址-【官网直营】 Media and Communication
For more information about this degree, contact us.