Health and travel insurance

Cover in Australia

A requirement to be issued a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

The first step you should take, in order for Monash to issue you your Certificate of Enrolment (CoE) is to purchase an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The purchase of your OSHC is a condition of acceptance to the Global Intercampus Program and will be provided in your offer documents. This is a mandatory requirement under the Australian Government visa regulations.

What do I get?

The OSHC insures you for your basic medical, hospital and pharmaceutical costs while you are enrolled at Monash. The policy covers the full cost of hospital treatment in a public hospital, but does not cover all medical and pharmaceutical services or any dental costs.

How to apply as an exchange student?

Detailed information to purchase the OSHC will be provided in your Global Intercampus Program offer letter sent by Monash Abroad Australia. The purchase of the OSHC is a mandatory requirement under the Australian Government visa regulations and is included in the acceptance form of the Global Intercampus Program.

Travel insurance

While your overseas student health cover insures you once you arrive at Monash, it does not cover you for travel related incidences such as emergency medical evacuation and repatriation, flight cancellations or lost baggage/personal items. You are required to purchase comprehensive pre-departure travel insurance and this must be done before you depart from Malaysia.