Maps and transport
Monash University Malaysia is located in Bandar Sunway, Malaysia, about 20 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur while the Johor Bahru Clinical School is located in the southern Malaysian city of Johor Bahru.
Our address is:
Monash University Malaysia,
Jalan Lagoon Selatan,
47500 Bandar Sunway,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Our Clinical School Johor Bahru address is:
Monash University Malaysia,
Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences,
No.8, Jalan Masjid Abu Bakar,
80100 Johor Bahru
(inside the compound of Hospital Sultanah Aminah)
You can also contact us by telephone or email.
Getting around Sunway
? Taxi and public buses
Travel by taxi is cheap in Malaysia, especially if you are sharing a ride. For example, the taxi fare from the Monash campus to the Sunway Pyramid shopping mall is about RM5. Taxis elsewhere run by meter, with the rate starting from RM3.
Subang and the area known as USJ are alternative, nearby shopping and entertainment centres. You can access them by taxi or public buses, but you'll need to switch buses.
? Sunway Shuttle Bus Service
The Sunway Shuttle Bus Service is a fast, convenient and free way of getting around Bandar Sunway. It runs every 25 minutes (subject to traffic conditions) between 7 am and 11.30 pm hours daily. The shuttle operates at:
- Pyramid Tower Hotel
- Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
- Sunway Metro (Bus Stop)
- Sunway Lagoon (BRT Station)
- Bay Rocks
- A Marine/Nautica
- La Costa
- Monash Residence
- Monash University Malaysia
- Sun-U Residence
- Sunway 365体育投注_365体育网址-【官网直营】 Centre
- Lagoon Club (Bus Stop)
Download the Sunway Shuttle Bus Tracker app here (available on iTunes).
? Canopy walkway
A secure canopy walkway links Monash University Malaysia directly to Sunway Pyramid, one of Malaysia’s most popular shopping complexes.
? Bus Rapid Transit
The Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) station is just outside our door, providing a convenient mode of transport around Sunway. The stations are listed below:
- Setia Jaya - This station is connected to the current Setia Jaya KTM (train) station. You can hop unto the KTM train to Kuala Lumpur from here. To get to the airport, take the KTM to KL Sentral station and ride the express train to KLIA. If you're coming from KL Sentral, Shah Alam or Klang, you may take KTM directly to Setia Jaya, and then the BRT to Bandar Sunway and USJ. RapidKL U80, U81, U64, U65, Causeway Link 58k, Seranas 99 and Cityliner 710 are the buses that stop at the Setia Jaya KTM station.
- Mentari - This station is situated near the apartments and shop areas. Commuters can now walk to Jalan PJS 8/8 and take RapidKL U63, U67, or Metrobus 10 and 13 to Kuala Lumpur.
- Sunway Lagoon - This station grants access to The Pinnacle, Sunway Lagoon, Sunway Resort and Spa Hotel, Sunway Pyramid Tower Hotel, Menara Sunway and Sunway Pyramid shopping mall.
- Sunmed - This station is connected to the Sunway 365体育投注_365体育网址-【官网直营】 Centre.
- SunU-Monash - This is the only station that provides Park N Ride facilities. This station is situated in front of Monash University. It also provides access to Sunway College, Sunway University and Sunway International School.
- South Quay - This station stops at Mydin hypermarket. Commuters may access Segi College and Giant hypermarket from here.
- USJ 7 - The BRT is connected to the Kelana Jaya Light Rail Transit (LRT) line station which will also situated at USJ 7, interconnecting the BRT station. Thus, the commuters are able to take the LRT to other stations as well as to KL Sentral and KLIA airport.
There are other public bus and light-rail networks that will get you in to and around nearby Kuala Lumpur.